Meet our October Employee of the Month
Janice has been a group fitness instructor/personal trainer here at Core Club since its inception in 2011. She brings amazing energy and motivation to each member in all the challenging classes she teaches. Her hard work and dedication to keep her classes trending through the years sets her apart and sets high standards for her clientele. Her love of fitness and a healthy lifestyle shines through with everything she does. We are blessed to have her!
Let's here what Janice has to say:
"To say Fitness is a Passion would be an understatement: it’s a way of life. How you chose to live your life is important but more importantly is where. I’m fortunate enough to pursue my way of life at the Core Club among dedicated ownership and an even more dedicated clientele. When you have the support you need, the rest falls into place. I’m honored to be chosen as Employee of the month just as I’m honored to be able to teach at the Core Club. Pursue your Passion and more importantly: pursue your way of life."
Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa and Lentil Soup
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth + 1 cup reserved
1.2 Tbsp. organic grapeseed/canola oil
1 organic tomato paste
1 can organic pizza sauce
¾ cup diced roasted red peppers
½ cup chopped fresh spinach
½ large yellow onion, diced
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1 cup french cut green beans
1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. chipotle powder
1 Tbsp. liquid aminos
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. thyme
½ – 1 tsp. granulated garlic
Pink Himalayan salt to taste
1. In a large pot, simmer on medium/high heat, the oil, prepared onion, roasted red peppers, garlic and spinach. Cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add in 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth, thawed green peas and green beans and bring to a slight boil.
3. Add in tomato paste and whisk until thoroughly combined, then add in pizza sauce, hot sauce, liquid aminos, liquid smoke, granulated garlic, dried basil and thyme.
4. Let mixture simmer on low for about 10 minutes, then remove pot from heat.
5. Add in 1.5 cups each of cooked green lentils and cooked quinoa, then season to taste with pink Himalayan salt.
6. Add in additional cup of broth if soup is too thick.