1 medium spaghetti squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
6 slices of bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
6 oz organic baby spinach
5 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat over to 400 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard seeds. Drizzle olive oil over the squash and season with salt and pepper. Place squash face down on the parchment paper with flesh side up and roast for about 40-45 minutes.
- When the squash is done, remove from oven and turn over so it can cool for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon slices for about 2 minutes. Turn heat to low and cook bacon until crisped for about 5 more minutes. Once bacon is cooked, remove cooked pieces and put them in a large bowl. Add the red wine vinegar to the skillet to deglaze the pan.
- Turn heat to low for 20 seconds. Add maple syrup, then add spinach one handful at a time until it wilts.
- Use a fork to scrape out the squash from the flesh and mix in in with the skillet ingredients in the large bowl. Fold goat cheese into the mixture.