Brussels Sprouts Salad with Chicken
- 25minPREP TIME
- 1 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups trimmed and thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 2 Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle chicken with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. On a second parchment-lined baking sheet, toss Brussels sprouts with remaining 2 tsp oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Add to oven with chicken and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. Set both aside to cool. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, place Brussels sprouts, apple, onion, walnuts and chicken. Drizzle dressing over top; toss to coat.
NOTE: If following our 20-Ingredient, 7-Day Meal Plan refrigerate salad and dressing separately. Toss servings of salad with dressing when called for.
Meet Our September Employee of the Month
Natalie Spadaccino -
I have been teaching fitness classes since 1989, so I have been blessed to really grow along with the fitness industry and have had the privilege to teach many different styles. My certifications include Fitness Yoga, MAT Pilates, Balletone, Spinning, Aerobics and Step, Kickboxing, Stability Ball and many more. Learning all these different styles when they were just coming out allowed me to teach continually for all these years because there is such wonderful variety, you never get burnt out on one thing.
I have had the honor of teaching at a variety of different facilities and love them all, but the Core Club will always hold a special place in my heart because Durham is where I grew up. I lived in the same house for 25 years until I married and moved to Middletown. When I saw this facility open about 6-7 years ago, I was so happy to come and interview for a position and have been here ever since. I have had the thrill of seeing old friends from Coginchaug H.S. from my graduating class and from my sister’s classes as well. Catching up with old friends and having them participate in my classes, PRICELESS!!!
Special Class ****Hip to Strip****
“Dancing Naughty is Good for the Body” ™
Created and Designed by Ann Saldi, Zumba Education Specialist
This striptease based workout takes the basic moves of striptease and combines them with various dance elements.
It’s an INSPIRING and EMPOWERING workout for ALL levels. You will be dancing sexy to all different rhythms that will build confidence, enhance flexibility, and tone your body all while you flaunt your best assets. So let’s Sweat Sexy!!!
Join us Thursday, October 4 at 7pm
$15 per person