Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa and Lentil Soup
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth + 1 cup reserved
1.2 Tbsp. organic grapeseed/canola oil
1 organic tomato paste
1 can organic pizza sauce
¾ cup diced roasted red peppers
½ cup chopped fresh spinach
½ large yellow onion, diced
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1 cup french cut green beans
1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. chipotle powder
1 Tbsp. liquid aminos
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. thyme
½ – 1 tsp. granulated garlic
Pink Himalayan salt to taste
1. In a large pot, simmer on medium/high heat, the oil, prepared onion, roasted red peppers, garlic and spinach. Cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add in 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth, thawed green peas and green beans and bring to a slight boil.
3. Add in tomato paste and whisk until thoroughly combined, then add in pizza sauce, hot sauce, liquid aminos, liquid smoke, granulated garlic, dried basil and thyme.
4. Let mixture simmer on low for about 10 minutes, then remove pot from heat.
5. Add in 1.5 cups each of cooked green lentils and cooked quinoa, then season to taste with pink Himalayan salt.
6. Add in additional cup of broth if soup is too thick.