Meet our February Member of the Month
Corinne loves working out at the Core Club.
She says, “It is close to home and convenient for my busy lifestyle. The friendly atmosphere of the staff and members are always welcoming, and I enjoy socializing with the friends I have made. I never get bored because of the excellent instructors and variety of classes. I recently completed the “Maintain Don’t Gain” program and was pleased with the results. I will be turning 50 this year and wanted to challenge myself with something new and decided to personal train with Dave and Will. I love the customized workouts and was surprised how strong I am. When I am at the Core Club there are no phones ringing, no texts, no emails and no to do lists, just me taking care of myself.
Way to go Corinne!!
Brussel Sprouts, Cranberry and Quinoa Salad Recipe
1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and ends trimmed, then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
orange vinaigrette (see below)
1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt and pepper
Whisk all ingredients for the dressing together until combined.
Toss all ingredients together until combined.
Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa and Lentil Soup
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth + 1 cup reserved
1.2 Tbsp. organic grapeseed/canola oil
1 organic tomato paste
1 can organic pizza sauce
¾ cup diced roasted red peppers
½ cup chopped fresh spinach
½ large yellow onion, diced
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1 cup french cut green beans
1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. chipotle powder
1 Tbsp. liquid aminos
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. thyme
½ – 1 tsp. granulated garlic
Pink Himalayan salt to taste
1. In a large pot, simmer on medium/high heat, the oil, prepared onion, roasted red peppers, garlic and spinach. Cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add in 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth, thawed green peas and green beans and bring to a slight boil.
3. Add in tomato paste and whisk until thoroughly combined, then add in pizza sauce, hot sauce, liquid aminos, liquid smoke, granulated garlic, dried basil and thyme.
4. Let mixture simmer on low for about 10 minutes, then remove pot from heat.
5. Add in 1.5 cups each of cooked green lentils and cooked quinoa, then season to taste with pink Himalayan salt.
6. Add in additional cup of broth if soup is too thick.